Eek! How exciting-- I saw a post on Emily's blog, Emily's Crammed Bookshelf, so I decided that I might do it-- because it's cool, and seriously? Emily's blog is awesome, you should totally check it out. This tag was started by Megan on Goodreads! (How fab! She has the same name as me?)
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Erm, not usually. If I'm reading in the car, though, I'll get sick after an hour or so. But it's really only like a headache.
2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hrm. I think Miranda Kenneally's, or Kody Keplinger's. They both write such unique stories, and in a totally blunt kind of way. BAM. It's out there, good or bad. I love that!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Dude. I have NEVER read Harry Potter, and I just didn't care for the "Twifight" saga. *puns badly* So, neither. No three points needed, right?
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
Nope. I'm homeschooled, silly! I don't need a book bag. I'm just that awesome. ;)
5. Do you smell your books?
Um. We're among friends, I think I can be honest. Only occasionally, and only when it's a new book. Old books smell different, LOL. (Not as spine-crackling new?)
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I think with-- I always like to look at all the illustrations in books. It's pretty dang cool!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Hmm. You, Maybe by Rachel Vail. When I was reading it, I was all like, teeheehee, but then when I finished, I realized how dumb it was, and consequently wrote a really long ranting review.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
No...not really. I mean, me and my little sister cover a book in "artwork" (crayon)...poor Giving Tree.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Ooh. *looks* Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally ARC-- it's 242 pages.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Diviners by Libba Bray. I mean, seriously? Have you seen that book? It's huge! Daunting so does not cover it at all. o_O
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
No. Not really. Occasional ditties and such, but no real dreams of being an author.
12. When did you get into reading?
Hmm. I've read ever since I was five. I've read literally THOUSANDS of books since then, and I can honestly say that my taste has improved. ;)
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don't really HAVE a favorite classic book...weird, I know. Just never was a fan. I was always more of a YA reader, myself. ;)
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
No. I hate english...and math. My best subject was math.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
Ugh. My mom would make me keep it, even if it sucked. But on another point, no one can just pick for me...I have so many books already! ;)
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Last Year by Trisha Leigh-- self published, but totally amazing.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I tend to get really off topic-- and if I review something late at night, sadly, I'll sound like a rambling idiot, who needs to go get checked out at the crazy place. o_O
18. What is your favorite word?
Right now, it's totally "fabulous", or "fab" for short. I blame Inky.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Dude. None. I'm awesome just the way I am. *GASP* Are you NORMAL? o.O
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! I love them, and Dust by Devon Ashley totally cemented my love for it.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Neither. Ick. I like real people, thank you very much.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits are better than werewolves, because they scare me. Werewolves do not.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
ZOMBIES! I love zombie books! :D
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Forbidden. Forbidden is better than a love triangle. Imagine! A LOVE SQUARE! *gasp*
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?I like both, why should I have to choose?
GUYS. TAG! You're it! And I want a linky link! (If you do it. >.>)